Blue Man Group - A Must See Show!

Blue Man Group, what can I say, going to see this show is such an experience.  And I was SO excited to get to go here in Chicago this past weekend!  This was actually my 5th time seeing the show -- I saw them twice in 1998 (a pretty long time ago), one time last year on our cruise (NCL Epic; which was an amazing show for being on a cruise ship!), and one other time this past March for a Press Preview Event (but that was a shortened, more condensed show)... so I was really, really looking forward to seeing it again! And this is a *New* show with a few changes and some different elements.  So even though I've been a few times, it's just one of those shows that is always interesting and extremely entertaining!

After a delicious Tapas dinner at Cafe Ba Ba Reba, we headed up to Briar Street Theatre a bit early. We were anticipating some traffic given that the Pride Parade was earlier that day, but in fact there was actually less traffic, so we got to the theatre in no time at all! We were the third car in the parking lot so got rockstar parking right near the exit. And can you believe it only cost $14 to park! Wow... truly, I was amazed. Parking in Chicago @ a Theatre for only $14??? Seriously? I guess street parking could be a possibility in that area, but I'd never risk a potential parking ticket or worse a tow if parking was only $14. That's a great price for Chicago if you ask me.

So when you get inside the theatre, you see all these weird tubes and hoses and funky artwork... it's just really cool. It's a pretty small theatre, but it's only used for the Blue Man show, so they are able to set it up how they like. But I loved the small intimate feel to the entire theatre.  Just FYI, they do sell some alcoholic/ non-alcoholic beverages and a few snacks, mostly candy, and you can bring your drink into the theatre with you, which is cool (I don't think all theatres do). And my daughter loved the 'bathroom song' that they play inside obviously the bathroom. When you see the show, you'll just have to go in there to hear what I'm talking about! ;o

The show is just so amazing; it's really hard to actually explain what the show is, but it's fun, energizing, exciting, hilarious, and the music is just awesome!!! As I said they have added some new elements to the show, and changed some things, but some of the favorite audience participation aspects are still in. It's great that they do so much to get the audience involved and entertained throughout.

You can see this show in several cities (Las Vegas, Orlando, New York, Boston, AND they are currently touring as well) but as I mentioned you can also see it sailing on a cruise ship! Um, Yeah! On Norwegian Cruise Line's newest ship the Epic, they have the Blue Man Group show playing every night for their guests.... And that's of course included with the cruise fare, so if you have a cruise in mind, and want to see some great entertainment, NCL Epic would be a good choice! I sailed on the ship last fall and it was wonderful, saw some great shows, and my family had a wonderful time! ;)

Here's a picture of me with one of those handsome blue guys after the show. It's great they do this because pictures are not allowed during the show so don't even try it. Just wait till after and get a good one with YOU in the pic with a blue man... even better!

I can arrange tickets and hotel packages so if you are considering a visit to the Windy City, what are you waiting for?!  Contact me so I can set you up!


No comments:

Sending thoughts and prayers to the people in the beautiful Bahama Islands, and all those in the path of Hurricane  Dorian along the east...